Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Seven going on hiatus!

Unfortunately, at the moment, the project that I have labored and put so much time into right now has to be put on the back burner right now. The graphic novel project I have talked so much about called The Seven is unfortunately going on a hiatus. A bit of creative differences as well as conflicting schedules and family have put this project on the halt for a while. I'm not about to call out anyone or point fingers as to who to blame, but I will say that I am a bit disappointed. 

I'm going to be taking a lot of the things that have been working on and shelving the project for a while until I can create a great team that has a cohesive drive and commitment to the projects that we are putting out. For right now, this was not the time, and honestly, if it's not going to be done right, then I am glad that we came to the crossroads right now, and stopped where it is now before going too far and having a bad time later. 

I want to take the time to apologize to all the folks waiting so long for this project, and the supporters through means of the comments and those faving the artwork. I really appreciate it, and know that when it is time to take on this project again, that you will be back on this bandwagon supporting the Seven once again.


If you have read my journal this far, I thank you, and know that I appreciate you. A few weeks back, someone here on DA left a message on my page saying that the name of my studio, Obsidian Studios brought chills. And because of that, he knew that we were serious and that we are going places. I'm here to tell you from experience, that a name means absolutely NOTHING is there is no action behind it, and nothing to give people to look forward to. I'm going to put my focus and time and energy into this project and give you all a reason to be fans of Obsidian Studios. I'm hoping that the full completion of the Black Dame will inspire people to continue to work with me and be committed to a serious endeavor and help me do everything to tell more of my stories. Because honestly, that's all I want to do. I just want to tell and share my stories.

Thank you all for your continued support and I will speak with you all again VERY SOON!


Ian Walker

No comments: