Thursday, January 19, 2012

New DC Comics Logo


So DC unveiled it's new logo for their entire entertainment division today. I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the logo, I was like most of us out there who generally just look at something, and then make a snap decision that I either like it or love it without really finding out why something was done in the way it was.

Being an old school DC fan boy, and being generally pleased with the recent changes made to the comic characters and such, this almost came from out of nowhere. I get on the internet and BAM! DC has a new logo. I thought, 'Wait... Didn't they JUST revamp the logo a couple years ago? But I realized that it's almost been ten years since that revamp; so I guess it was about time.

I'm not gonna tell you everything in the article as to why they changed it, but I thought there were some solid reasons and the marketing reasons behind it made a lot of sense. Now as to if it will be something that new fans will easily recognize??? I think that will take some time, as the logo still takes some getting used to. But going with the secret identity angle that DC is so well known for is a pretty neat concept. Things like this show that people see and recognize 2012 as a new year of change and new possibilities.

So to us, the independent creators out there, lets be sure to follow suit and keep up with the times and get ourselves out there! Let me know what you think of this article, and go check out the article!

DC Reveals it's New Identity!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: