Monday, August 18, 2008

My New Sketchbook

So I have finally finished up what I think will be the pieces that I will be putting into my new sketchbook come September of 08. The book is going to be full of my final sketches of characters from various comic book universes, and a few of my original characters. I am hoping that people buy it. It's only going to be $5, plus $2 shipping. So I think that's a decent price. It's 5.5x8.5, so it's not too big. I am trying to debate if I want to do a series of sketchbooks. Right now, the title I am going for is Black & White: Heroes a Darkmyster sketchbook.

I don't know if I want to use my real name, or my artist name of Darkmyster. I think I'm gonna use my real name since all my pieces are signed I.D.W. which are initials of my real name. Black & White: Heroes. An Ian D.Walker Sketchbook. I think I like that better.

I am going to work on the cover soon, and once that is done, I will need to get some cash, and get to printing. I was going to make 50 copies of this book, but I think that I am going to reduce the number of these books to 30 instead. 50 is a bit too ambitious for me, being a rookie artist trying to hit it out there in the mainstream. I'm gonna sell 10 on eBay, and then sell the other 20 over both my blog here and Deviant Art. When the cover is made, I am going to let the world see it. But to see what is in store, here is an image of the two page spread of Fathom that will be in the center pages of my new sketchbook.

Be Back Later!
Darkmyster

No comments: