Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Original Battle Characters

So, I began participating in this thing on Deviant Art that is called Original Battle Character Zone. What it is, are artists that create these original characters and both artists do drawings of their characters defeating their opponents. Once the submissions are received, then a group of judges come together and judge each piece and chooses a winner based on creativity, skill, composition, and a host of other things. So I decided to enter my character, the one, the only, White Ninja Guy. It was a splash page battle where you had to make a splash page of your character beating your opponent. Here is what mine was...
I ended up winning the battle this time around, and got some great advice on how to make my entries better the next time around. What I like about the idea of all of this stuff, is that it doesn't matter if you are a great artist, or have good dialogue. It think you just need to be creative and original to win. I had fun doing it, and will most likely be doing it again in the future... So right now, I'm gonna start work on White Ninja Guy page three.

Be back in a bit...

No comments: